GUS MACKER IS BACK!
Spare Key and the Minnesota Law Enforcement Memorial Bring Legacy Gus Macker 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament Back to St. Paul
(SAINT PAUL, MN) The famous Gus Macker 3-on-3 Basketball Festival of Fun returns to St. Paul after nearly 12 years. The tournament will be held at St. Paul College from June 14-16 and registration is now open!
Long a fixture in St. Paul until the last tournament was hosted in 2007, the Gus Macker 3-on-3 basketball tournament brings together the community in a festival atmosphere to participate in friendly and fun competition amongst neighbors. All ages and skill levels are encouraged to sign up and bring along their fans for this tournament where lasting memories are made!
St. Paul city leaders, businesses, and residents are happy that the tournament is returning. “I’m so excited that the Gus Macker tournament is returning to Saint Paul June 14th-16th. Previously held in St. Paul from 2000 to 2007, it hosted nearly 700 Teams playing 3-On-3 Basketball in our city.” Stated Dai Thao, Ward One St. Paul Councilmember, “As Ward One City Councilmember, I am so pleased that Spare Key and the Minnesota Law Enforcement Memorial Association are partnering to bring this family-friendly event back to our community. They have committed to making this one of the most inclusive Gus Macker events in the country – focusing on recruiting more female players and teams, more wheelchair basketball teams, and those from our disability community throughout Minnesota. Our entire community, from young players to the young at heart, have an opportunity to participate in a great tradition with Gus Macker. I am delighted to support and welcome this event back to Saint Paul.”
REGISTER ONLINE BY MAY 27, 2019
About the Gus Macker 3-on-3 Festival of Family Fun
Gus Macker is designed for basketball players who love the fun of the driveway game – male or female, from age 7 to 70-plus, short and tall, the most experienced or those with little or no experience who just want to play.
Through the years there have been 1,421 sanctioned Gus Macker Tournaments presented for over 670,800 teams or almost 2.7 million players and played in front of over 27.5 million spectators.
• Registration is $160.00 per team of 4 players ($40 per player)
• Teams are guaranteed at least three scheduled games each tournament
• Each Team Member receives a complimentary Gus Macker t-shirt along with a player package
• Registration link: https://www.macker.com/st-paul-mn-2019-2/
• Paper applications can be obtained and printed out at: https://www.macker.com/st-paul-mn-2019-2/
• Proceeds benefit Spare Key, www.sparekey.org and the Minnesota Law Enforcement Memorial Association, www.mnlema.org
• To Volunteer contact Jackie Le Vvintre at Jackie@sparekey.org
• For Tournament Specific Questions contact Abby Hunt at Abby@sparekey.org