- Meet other industry professionals through one of our many social and networking events
- The MMA has a first class offering of educational and networking events.
- From our annual convention to monthly breakfast events, opportunities abound to connect with your peers
- Grow your business by gaining access to the top origination companies, investors and vendors in our industry
- A place to share ideas, ask for advice, volunteer to be a speaker or become a member of a committee
- Connect with other professionals who are promoting professional conduct and business ethics
- Members realize significant discounts on admission to the golf outing, annual convention and other
fantastic events. These discounts can add up to the cost of membership alone!
- MMA is the voice of the Minnesota mortgage industry. We work to clarify issues and protect the interests of our members by staying in close communication with state and regulatory bodies along with consumers
- Advocate for the profession and become notified about how to prepare for any changes in the industry
- Opportunity to provide input to local and state regulatory agencies on industry issues
- Be a part of helping shape responsible lending practices in our community
- The MMA is largely a volunteer organization. Our many events, activities and programs need input from our members. Volunteering for your professional organization will help you build relationships, gain greater understanding and insight of our industry, all while having fun doing it.
- We have bimonthly education events geared towards improving productivity
Learn from your peers and share success ideas and challenges
Access to Industry Standards and Best Practices
- Members gain access to MBA compliance essentials materials
- De-mystify complex industry problems through conversations with peers and interactions from the MN Department of Commerce
- Participate in working groups with other local professionals sharing similar challenges
- Enhance your business knowledge through informative meetings and events
- Be informed about other training or certification classes that may be suitable for your company
- Help our industry give back through our ongoing relationships with charitable organizations such as Spare Key whose efforts provide housing grant assistance to families of seriously ill or critically injured children so that the parents can focus on their child’s recovery
Our Mission is to promote unity, strength, and ethics in the mortgage industry.
The MMA is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) professional association. Dues paid to The MMA are not tax deductible as charitable contributions. As required by the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993, we estimate that 10% of your 2017 dues will be attributable to nondeductible lobbying activity and are therefore NOT deductible under Internal Revenue Code Section 162 as an ordinary and necessary business expense. Please provide a copy of this notice to your accountant and/or tax preparer.
Curious about our membership?